NACE Member: Rachel Cytaciki
Where do you work/what is your position?
All Things Creative Wedding Coordination and Event Design and I am the owner
How long have you been in the business?
I have been in the wedding industry for over a decade now. I started ATC last year.
What do you love about it?
OH MY GOSH… WHERE DO I START!!! I love everything about what I do. The fact that each bride is so different and has her own vision, is the best part. I get to be creative on so many different levels. Where one bride may want a small intimate garden wedding, another bride may want a huge wedding with all the works, lighting, linens, floral arrangements with crystals, etc. I love to see a good plan come together. I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it when a bride thanks me and says I have lifted a weight. That is what I am here for, that is what makes my day!
How long have you been a NACE member?
I have been coming to the meetings for years, but just joined this year. I love it.
How has NACE helped you along your journey?
In my business referrals and quality vendors are HUGE! When I refer a vendor to a bride, that puts my reputation on the line. If I refer someone and they don’t perform as they should, I would feel awful.. NACE has given me the opportunity to meet quality vendors in the industry and be picky about who I refer to my brides.
What advice would you have for someone looking to hire a company that offers what you do?
That is a great question. Make sure you feel comfortable with them and you like them. Other than the photographer, your coordinator is the only other vendor you will spend the entire day with. Trust your instincts.
What are 10 things people might not know about you and/or your company?
1. I have been in the wedding industry for over a decade.
2. One of my favorite meals is a combination of mashed potatoes, tomato soup, turkey meat, and corn… mmmm!
3. I have the best daughter in the world, I am addicted to her!
4. We do northern Michigan weddings and have a northern Michigan intern as well as a metro Detroit intern.
5. We have just introduced linen rental and floral design.
6. I used to work at Quicken Loans, that’s where I met my husband!
7. I started riding horses at age 2.
8. I cry at most acceptance speeches for the Oscars, Grammys, Golden Globes, etc.
9. I used to be a karaoke queen.
10. My dream car is a 73 Corvette.
If you would like to be highlighted in our NACE Member Spotlight, please contact Ryan Koral – our NACE Communications Chair – at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.